Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Multiverse

What is the multiverse?  The multiverse is the context of which this blog will cover is a series of fictional alternate realities.  Everything fictional exists somewhere, and I'm obsessed in determining where each thing does exist.  (I guess that makes me like a Monitor or Watcher.)

The purpose of this blog will be to sort out these realities, and I hope to get feedback when you think my information is lacking or incorrect.  I will not be making anything up in this blog.  All my info will be based on in-story information, information provided out of story by creators, and information found in reference material both online and in that old fashioned medium called paper.

Most of the realities I cover will be from comics.  Comics more than any other medium has really embraced the concept of shared realities and alternate realities.  This was especially true with DC Comics, first establishing Earth-2 in 1940 (though not named until 1963) by creating the Justice Society of America, then showing that their 1940s characters and 1960s characters existed on parallel Earths in 1961 with "The Flash of Two Worlds."

I hope you enjoy the blog.  This is really an attempt to stop myself from going crazy at I constantly work this stuff out in my head.  (The same reason I created my other blog, the Television Crossover Universe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment